Dr. Pamela Adams, DDS, MS
Dr. Pamela G. Adams, DDS, MS, one of only a handful of area prosthodontists, graduated from DePaul University and received her dental degree and Prosthodontist specialty masters degree from Loyola University School of Dentistry. She places a high priority on continuing education and the latest technology. Her Clearwater practice was established in 1985.
- Taught in the prosthodontics department at Loyola University
- Upper Pinellas County Dental Society, member
- West Coast Dental Association, member
- American Dental Association, member
- Academy of General Dentistry, member
- Gulf Coast Dental Implant Study Club, member
- American College of Prosthodontics, member
- Florida Prosthodontic Association, member
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry, member
- American Society of Osseointegration, member
Prosthodontics, also known as dental prosthetics or prosthetic dentistry, is one of nine dental specialties recognized by the American Dental Association. A prosthodontist specializes in the cosmetic restoration and replacement of teeth, having two to four years of practical training in this area after becoming a dentist. Less than two percent of dentists are fully trained in this specialty.
More specifically, prosthodontics pertains to diagnosis, treatment & maintenance of oral function, comfort, and appearance when teeth, gums or other tissues are missing or deficient. Treatment often involves the use of biocompatible substitutes, that is, materials designed to replace natural tissues.
Looking for the best Prosthodontist near you? Our office is located in Clearwater and we serve all surrounding towns including Belleair, Palm Harbor, Belleair Beach, Pinellas, St. Petersburg, and the entire Tampa Bay area. For an appointment with our top Prosthodontist call us at (727) 461-4832.